A PASTORAL LETTER FROM THE EPISCOPAL OFFICE
“A Call to Persist in Prayer as we mourn Together”
The Methodist Family in Malaysia extends our deepest condolences to the families, loved ones and friends of those who had perished on flight MH 17 on the 17 July 2014. Our thoughts and prayers are very much with them, as we join the global community in the mourning of this tragedy.
We share in their anguish as well as their anger over this heartless act perpetrated by violent and depraved people who would kill the innocent, including some 80 children, in the name of their cause.
Let us pray
- the comfort of God to be upon all those affected by those who had perished;
- for the relevant local authorities, parties and forces to permit, cooperate and facilitate the necessary arrangements and actions of recovering and repatriating the remains of the deceased so that proper and dignified closures can soon follow for the dead and their loved ones;
- for the international community in relation to the investigation of this crime so that the truth of culpability can be established and the necessary just course of action can be followed through, to especially ensure that such an act does not recur;
- for the employees and management of MAS, especially the flight crews, as they experience a double colossal tragedy to date, with MH 370 still in our memory and prayer even though it is more than 4 months old and remain unsolved;
“After recalling the series of tragedies, security breaches, diplomatic blunders coupled with our very own unsettling incidents and humbling experiences involving politicians, religious leaders and ordinary Malaysians, one cannot help wonder whether this is some form of reprisal and reminder from the Almighty.
- for what God Almighty may be saying to Malaysia, as aptly expressed in the words of Ismail Merican [The STAR, 19 July 2014, “Why does it have to be us?”] which many soul-searching Malaysians can identify with when he wrote in his open letter:
This is a wake-up call to our leaders and fellow Malaysians. There is just too much vitriol, insensitivities, arrogance, clowning, frivolities, apathy and grandstanding in our country right now. We must take stock of the situation and steer the country back to the right path.”
We as the people of God in His Church in Malaysia must all the more be principally watchful and persistently prayerful for this beloved nation of ours.
NLT Psalm 80:14 Come back, we beg you, O God of Heaven's Armies.
Look down from heaven and see our plight.
Take care of this grapevine 15 that you yourself have planted, ……………
Revive us so we can call on your name once more.
19 Turn us again to yourself, O LORD God of Heaven's Armies.
Make your face shine down upon us. Only then will we be saved.
Sincerely in Christ our Lord
Bishop Ong Hwai Teik
The Methodist Church in Malaysia
21 July 2014
THE METHODIST CHURCH IN MALAYSIA
Bishop: Rev Dr Ong Hwai Teik
General Conference Secretary: Mr Anthony Row
General Conference Treasurer : Mr Tan Swee Ann
69, Jalan 5/31, 46000 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel. No. +60-3-79541811 | Fax. No. +60-3-79541788 |
ADVERTISEMENT FOR POSITIONS FOR 2013
The Methodist Church in Malaysia is looking to fill the following positions.
It welcomes the application from people of the Christian faith.
P2 - Job Description for PROPERTY OFFICER
For details on the scope of work, click here. Applicants interested in this position should write in to: Executive Secretary, The Methodist Church in Malaysia, 69, Jalan 5/31, 46000 Petaling Jaya (email@example.com,my)
"Spreading Scriptural Holiness,
Transforming the Nation."
Find a Methodist Church
Click here for a listing of all Methodist Churches in Malaysia, or search by location, Annual Conference, language, service-times, etc.
Methodist Social Principles
An extensive update of the Social Principles was undertaken by the Discipline Review Council. Read the whole document here.
click for more info
15 Oct, 2014
East Malaysia Council Meetings (AEC, Medical, COT, COE)
29 Oct, 2014 ~ 31 Oct, 2014
25th Session Persidangan Misi Sengoi
06 Nov, 2014 ~ 08 Nov, 2014
11th Session Sabah Provisional Annual Conference
14 Nov, 2014 ~ 17 Nov, 2014
39th Session Tamil Annual Conference
18 Nov, 2014 ~ 21 Nov, 2014
39th Session Chinese Annual Conference
The Methodist Book of Discipline
The Book of Discipline of the Methodist Church in Malaysia (2012) is now on sale at RM30 each. To purchase, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03-79541811
Methodist Center Port Dickson
Kindly be advised that the Methodist Center in Port Dickson is NOW OPEN!
Click on the
Methodist Resort Centres
For more infomation!